"Strategies and Opportunities under the Belt and Road Initiative - Leveraging Hong Kong's Advantages, Meeting the Country’s Needs" Seminar
The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) held a seminar entitled "Strategies and Opportunities under the Belt and Road Initiative - Leveraging Hong Kong's Advantages, Meeting the Country's Needs” in conjunction with the Belt and Road General Chamber of Commerce on 3 February 2018 at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing.
The full-day seminar was attended by around 120 representatives from the business and professional services sectors in Hong Kong, and more than 380 chief executives and members of senior management from over 170 state-owned enterprises (SoEs). It enabled both sides to establish direct contact and facilitated the forging of strategic partnerships in taking forward Belt and Road-related work. There were also in-depth discussions on how to capitalise on the distinct advantages of Hong Kong's business and professional services sectors so as to jointly promote the Initiative.
1. Keynote Speeches
- Mr Zhang Dejiang, the Chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress, delivered keynote speech at the opening ceremony of the seminar（Chinese only）
- The Chief Executive Mrs Carrie Lam delivered keynote speech for the seminar (Chinese only)
- Mr Xiao Yaqing, the Chairman of the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) delivered opening remarks for the thematic discussion sessions of the seminar (Chinese only)
- The Chief Executive Mrs Carrie Lam delivered closing remarks for the seminar (Chinese only)
2. Other Information
- Seminar Programme (Chinese only)
- Booklet on Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Delegation (Chinese only)
- List of State-owned and Mainland Enterprises and Organisations that enrolled and participated in the Seminar (Chinese only)
For more details, please refer to http://www.beltandroad.gov.hk/activities_20180203.html.