Logie Group Limited
Advisory & Consultancy
Infrastructure / Utility Investment
Andrew has been Lead Arranging and advising on infrastructure finance for 30+ years.
In 2003, he set up in business as Logie Group to provide specialist advice on infrastructure finance in Asia across the whole investment cycle namely:
- governments and public sector on policy including in Indonesia the MOF on its $15 billion of support for PLN in the power sector and Bappenas on a $235 million water supply project; and how to finance a $7 billion new state capital city in India.
- institutional investors on strategy across the region.
- transaction preparation and M & A advisory, e.g. hydro in Sri Lanka.
- acting as an expert witness in arbitrations such as for Fraport re the $600 million Manila airport terminal 3; for a US developer in a $125 million power plant in Cambodia where he was cross examined in person and sat in a “hot tub” exchange of views with the other side’s expert (both rare experiences); and for a Canadian investor in a gold mine in a ’Stan country.
- Capacity building / training.
- Acting as a Non – Executive Director of e.g. an aircraft lessor.
Andrew is a member of the UNECE roster of PPP experts; acts as a peer reviewer for them; and is on IFC’s Nominee Directors database. He is a Fellow of the HKICPA, ICAEW and HKIoD; and a member of the HKSI, HKIB and APIEx.
Andrew worked originally with KPMG then PWC in London, Hong Kong and Sydney; then in tax driven financing at Westpac’s investment bank in Australia; Lead Arranging project finance at Mizuho then UBS in London; before he returned to Asia in 1998 as Head of Global Structured Finance, Asia Pacific for WestLB when it was a top five Lead Arranger of project finance globally.